Requires Android: 2.1 and up
What’s in this version:
- Minor Bug fixes
- Tabbed app selector
- App Drawer widget
- Apps slector now cached
- Music widgets & All apps widget added
- Removed icon holders, added lock option and animation speed slider
- Bug fixes
- Added running apps widget
- Revamped settings internally
- Notification icon toggle (in settings)
- Swipe Edge positioning and height changing!!!
- Nexus 7 support
Introducing Sidebar – A brilliant new way of multitasking on Android.
It’s fast, functional, fluid, and customizable to your liking. Populate the sidebar with your favorite apps, and simply swipe in from the edge of the screen to gain instant access to the apps you use most. Simple – yet elegant.
- Fast, fluid, and immersive animations
- A simple Add button appended at the end of the sidebar summons a menu listing all the apps installed on your system. Simply pick an app, and it will be added to the sidebar for quick access.
- To dock the sidebar, simply select an app or touch outside
- To remove an app, simply swipe it out of the sidebar! Alternatively, long pressing will bring up further options such as inserting and replacing.
- Add widgets: many widgets/toggles are included (App drawer, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, Sound, Rotation, Brightness, Torch, Running Apps, Music play/pause/skip)
Sidebar Pro lifts the limitations put on the lite version and opens access to new customizability as well as functionality – elevating sidebar, to its most impeccable and pure state.
Sidebar Pro offers the full set of features. These include:
- Unlimited items!
- Unlimited widgets!
- Unlimited widget usage!
- Full settings!
- Adjust width!
- Adjust opacity!
- Choose color scheme!
- Disable notification!
- Lock items!
Sidebar is in constant development. Development began as soon as the idea stemmed well before the debut of Ubuntu Phone and recent such apps. The developer ensures a smooth and polished experience to every single user. User experience is key in making Sidebar the perfect multitasking app for Android. XDA: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2152373
- Sidebar was showcased on the front page of XDA as well as on XDA TV
- Sidebar was also the best among Android Authority’s Top 7 Apps of the week
- Sidebar was reviewed by AddictiveTips
- Sidebar won Best Application at CodeDay Seattle hosted by StudentRND.
It prevents Android from killing Sidebar. Without it, sidebar could not run forever in the foreground and would eventually be closed.
Why the camera permission? In order for the torch widget to function, full access to the camera hardware is required by Android.